One of the first committees that you may be elected to is the Yorkshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs Executive Committee. An “exec rep” shares the responsibility for the smooth running and the decision making of the federation. The County Chairman, who is elected from the members of the committee, leads this committee. The committee normally meets 4 times a year to receive reports from Sub Committees and Districts and approve or amend (if necessary) the decisions taken by the sub-committees.
Who Is On The Committee?
This committee is formed as follows:
- 2 members of each Club.
- 4 members of each District (these members should not already be on from Clubs)
- Members co-opted onto the committee usually at the AGM.
There totalling 161 voting members. In addition Life Members, Vice Presidents and co-options from outside bodies may attend, but cannot vote.
Separate committees meet throughout the year to plan and organise specific parts of the organisation. These are:
- Events, Finance and General Purposes Committee
- Activities Committee
- Development and Marketing Committee
At your District AGM two members will be elected to each of the these committees. As these committees are really sub-committees of the Executive Committee the members elected must be reps on the Executive Committee.
Vice Chairmen: Natalie Moore & Ellie AustinThe Competitions Committee is responsible for:
- Planning & budgeting of all YFYFC competitions.
- Dealing with the selection of teams for Northern Areea and National Competitions.
- Seeking sponsorship to cover the committees work.
- Ensuring technical standards are attained (in conjunction with Development Committee.)
- Encouraging member participation in all activities.
- Promotion and implementation of the International Programme.
- Encouraging countryside crafts & skills.
Chairperson: Kirsty Searby
Vice Chairmen: Georgina Fort & Rachel Goldie
The Development & Marketing Committee is responsible for:
- Planning, budgeting and administration of Federation publications.
- Produce and evaluate a marketing plan.
- Assisting the Federation in its promotion to the wider population.
- Providing advice & support for struggling Clubs.
- Developing plans to maximise the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members.
- Supporting the development of new clubs.
Events, Finance & General Purposes Committee
Chairperson: Ed Bentley
Vice Chairmen: Emma Hillary & Tim Weatherhead
The Events, Finance & General Purposes (E,F&GP) Committee reports to the Executive Committee and is responsible for:
- Organisation of Federation fundraising events including Dances and Dos
- Financial management & budgetary control of the Federation
- Applications for grants
- Purchase of equipment
- All areas relating to affiliation fees, legal procedures, membership returns, constitutional issues and expenses
- All duties and responsibilities relating to Health & Safety legislation
- Budget for the Federation’s training output.