The Yorkshire Federation is managed by the executive committee with two sub committees that do all the hands-on work.
(Don’t be scared off by the name!!)
Chairman: Ed Bentley
Vice Chairmen: Tim Weatherhead and Kirsty Chapple
What Does It Do?
One of the first committees that you may be elected to is the Yorkshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs’ Executive Committee. An “exec rep” shares the responsibility for the smooth running and the decision making of the federation. The county chairman, who is elected from the members of the committee, leads this committee. The committee normally meets four times a year to receive reports from sub committees and districts and approve or amend (if necessary) the decisions taken by the sub-committees.
Who Is On The Committee?
This committee is formed as follows:
- Two members of each club
- Four members of each district (these members should not already be on from clubs)
- Members co-opted onto the committee (usually at the AGM)
There is a total of 161 voting members. In addition life members, vice presidents and co-options from outside bodies may attend, but cannot vote.
Separate committees meet throughout the year to plan and organise specific parts of the organisation. These are:
- Events, Finance and Marketing Committee
- Competitions & Skills Committee
- Yorkshire and East Yorkshire YFC Joint Great Yorkshire Show Committee
At your district AGM two members will be elected to each of these committees, with the exception of GYS Committee. As these committees are really sub-committees of the executive committee the members elected must be reps on the executive committee.
Events, Finance & Marketing Committee
Chairperson: Joe Holmes
Vice Chairmen: Lois Abbey & John Craddock
The Events, Finance & Marketing (E,F&M) Committee reports to the Executive Committee and is responsible for:
- Organisation of federation fundraising events including dances and dos
- Financial management & budgetary control of the federation
- Applications for grants
- Purchase of equipment
- All areas relating to affiliation fees, legal procedures, membership returns, constitutional issues and expenses
- All duties and responsibilities relating to Health & Safety legislation
- Budget for the federation’s training output
- Produce and evaluate a marketing plan
- Assisting the federation in its promotion to the wider population
Competitions & Skills Committee
Chairperson: Mel Guy
Vice Chairmen: Anna Booth and Lizzy Elgie
The Competitions Committee is responsible for:
- Planning & budgeting of all YFYFC competitions
- Dealing with the selection of teams for northern area and national competitions
- Seeking sponsorship to cover the committees’ work
- Ensuring technical standards are attained (in conjunction with development committee)
- Encouraging member participation in all activities
- Promotion and implementation of the International Programme
- Encouraging countryside crafts & skills
- Developing plans to maximise the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members
- Supporting the development of new clubs