Performing Arts Competitions for 2021/2022
The Competitions & Skills Committee invite Clubs to complete an Intention to Enter form (closing date 25th November 2021) for the performing arts competitions, these include:
What is it?
Performing Arts is one side of Young Farmers that not everyone thinks about however for many years, men have dressed as women, farmers have become performers and corn barns have become dance studios! The competition runs on the 3 year rotation between Drama, Pantomime & Entertainments.
- Drama usually consist of a smaller cast with little singing and dancing however can be of a comical or serious note. Members have one hour to perform their drama production.
- Pantomime is completely different with plenty of colourful costumes, dancing, singing and of course slapstick comedy. Like the drama, one hour maximum is also given for the whole pantomime.
- Entertainments can be a mixture of any talent including magic, dancing, singing and comedy and put together in 30 minutes.
- Choir usually comprises of between 8 and 20 singers plus a Choirmaster perform on stage performing two songs for a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Cheerleading involves a team of between 6 and 10 members performing a choreography of jumps, cheers, dance and stunts for a maximum of 5 minutes.
The Pantomime usually take place during the winter months with the NFYFC finals planned for 23rd and 24th April 2022. The NFYFC Choir and Cheerleading finals are planned for 9th July 2022.
It’s a great opportunity for members to show off their talents and maybe try something new that they would never dream of doing outside YFC.
In true YFC style there is something for everyone and even if you aren’t one for treading the boards there’s always a job manning the lights and the sound, writing the risk assessment, and manual tasks like set building and painting! Why not give it a go, it would be fantastic to see entry numbers on an increase for Yorkshire!
Cawthorne Pantomine from previous years: