Recruitment and retention of members is important for all YFCs in 2022/23.
Whether you are hosting a new members night, got new members coming along to meetings, or doing a leaflet drop, Yorkshire FYFC are here to help with ideas, resources and hints and tips.
- Get in touch with your local newspaper to share what activities your club is doing
- Create a Facebook Page for you Club. Use this to promote all the good things YFC is all about!
- Use Facebook Events to promote a recruitment night, fundraising or community project/event
- Post picture of your club meetings, and tag Yorkshire YFC on Facebook – we’ll then share this for you
Recruitment Night Ideas
A recruitment night/open night is a great way to attract some members for your club.
- Social night – games, ice breaker and team building challenges
- Sports night
- Talk from members (of all ages) about what YFC is
- Guest speaker
Hints and Tips
- Make it fun!!!
- Think about your target audience – tailor your recruitment event to the audience you want to attract. Are you trying to attract junior, intermediate or senior members?
- Create a poster and put it up (responsibly) in your village shop, fuel station, local farm shop, country store, vets, village notice board etc.
- Use social media to promote your event – create a Facebook event and get your members to share it
- If attracting junior members, speak with your local schools or community groups who may share a poster with young people
- Make any new members welcome – make sure you include them in any social activities
- Don’t forget to encourage new members to get signed up using our new digital membership app.
To help promote YFC and share information, see below a list of available resources.
Can’t see what you need – get in touch with County Office