The stress, anxiety and worry experienced by so many farmers is something that is causing increasing concern…especially when it leads to mental health problems that
are so difficult to talk about.
Do you work regularly with farmer customers?
If so, this is a practical conference designed to help you:
- SPOT the signs of someone struggling with their mental wellbeing
- Learn how to SPEAK to them about what is happening
- SIGNPOST them to the right help
Join people from across the Farming industry at a free half-day conference for the agricultural supply chain on
- Thursday 22nd March 2018
- The Pavilions, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ
- Richard Betton
- Farmer, event chairman & Regional Director for the Farming Community Network.
- John Pinches
- Barclays Regional Agricultural Director will open the conference and talk about how they have been working to raise awareness of mental health in the work place as part of their ambition to be the most accessible & inclusive bank.
- David Martin
- A farmer’s perspective – the impact of isolation & importance of keeping in touch with friends and neighbours.
- Peter Waistell
- An NFU Group Secretary with first hand experience of helping someone through a mental health crisis.
- Aarun Naik
- A Nuffield Scholar and psychotherapist who has studied how mental health issues are being tackled in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Dr Hany El Sayeh
- Consultant psychiatrist with the Tees, Esk & Wear NHS Trust.
- Sally Conner
- Outlining the work of farming charity RABI.